SHALE ENERGY: Developing the Barnett—Barnett activity continuing despite environmental tensions
The Barnett Shale gained the industry spotlight in the 1990s as the first unconventional shale gas play in the US. The strategy of drilling lateral wells and conducting multistage fracturing to release the gas was first tested and refined here through the pioneering efforts of George Mitchell of Mitchell Energy.
Log in to view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? Find out more and subscribe today!
Already a subscriber but don’t have an online account? Contact our customer service.
*Access will be granted the next business day.
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- Venezuela investors meet in Davos as U.S. weighs sanctions (5/20)
- Energy crunch causing ESG to fall out of favor, warns ex-BP CEO (5/20)
- Schroeder quits Rosneft job after pressure over Putin ties (5/20)
- ‘Hell no’: Finance firms tell Texas they don’t boycott energy (5/20)
- Woodside wins backing to buy BHP oil, gas amid climate backlash (5/19)