A new depositional model for the deepwater Wilcox-equivalent Whopper Sand—Changing the paradigm
Perhaps the Gulf of Mexico became isolated during the Lower Tertiary, which would explain a series of events that led to deposition of thick, extensive, mostly sandy reservoirs more than 200 mi from shore. These reservoirs are now being explored.
Please Log IN view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? For just $149/year, you can claim unlimited access to World Oil's content.*
Each subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to all content on WorldOil.com
- Exclusive drilling forecast data, by state, country and region
- State-by-state results from the survey of U.S. operators
- Updated producing oil and gas well figures, by state
- Exclusive access to World Oil's conference presentations
- Proprietary data tables covering casing, tubing, drill bits and fluids
- Exclusive World Oil maps (published three times per year)
- Daily coverage of industry news and developments\
- Industry whitepapers, webcasts, videos and supplements.