49th annual Schlumberger Reed-Hycalog rig census
Soaring natural gas prices during the past year resulted in a dynamic U.S. rig fleet. The number of rigs in the U.S. rose after two years of declines, and the activity level of this larger fleet was even more impressive than its expanded size. The number of active rigs rose 31%, pushing utilization to 93%, which is an increase of about 19% from a year ago – a level not seen since the early 1980s.
Please Log IN view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? For just $149/year, you can claim unlimited access to World Oil's content.*
Each subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to all content on WorldOil.com
- Exclusive drilling forecast data, by state, country and region
- State-by-state results from the survey of U.S. operators
- Updated producing oil and gas well figures, by state
- Exclusive access to World Oil's conference presentations
- Proprietary data tables covering casing, tubing, drill bits and fluids
- Exclusive World Oil maps (published three times per year)
- Daily coverage of industry news and developments\
- Industry whitepapers, webcasts, videos and supplements.