Technology at OTC
Vacuum-based filtration is a viable alternative to shale shakers
The first line of defense in replenishing drilling fluids and separating rock particles during drilling operations is the solids control system. Foremost among such systems are shale shakers, where, through G-force vibrations, solids are filtered out for overboard discharge or treatment.
Please Log IN view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? For just $149/year, you can claim unlimited access to World Oil's content.*
Each subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to all content on WorldOil.com
- Exclusive drilling forecast data, by state, country and region
- State-by-state results from the survey of U.S. operators
- Updated producing oil and gas well figures, by state
- Exclusive access to World Oil's conference presentations
- Proprietary data tables covering casing, tubing, drill bits and fluids
- Exclusive World Oil maps (published three times per year)
- Daily coverage of industry news and developments\
- Industry whitepapers, webcasts, videos and supplements.