Seadrill’s Persian Gulf rig contracts extended for $361 million
Seadrill Limited, an offshore drilling contractor, announced it has been awarded contract extensions for the AOD I, AOD III and West Callisto jackup rigs for work offshore in the Persian Gulf.
The firm term of each contract is three years with commencement in direct continuation of the current contracts. AOD I, AOD III and West Callisto are now committed to June 2025, December 2025 and November 2025, respectively. Total contract value for the three contracts is approximately $361 million in aggregate.
“We are pleased to be extending these rigs in the Arabian Gulf, solidifying Seadrill’s strong market share and further extending our impressive backlog,” Seadrill CEO Simon Johnson said. “These contracts demonstrate the value customers place on Seadrill’s operational performance and safety record. The extensions also reflect the commitment and energy of our crews onboard the AOD I, AOD III and West Callisto and the shorebase teams that support them.”
Related News ///
FROM THE ARCHIVE ///
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- Set of reports should reveal UK’s full renewable potential (7/5)
- Deadline approaching for 2022 World Oil Awards nominations (7/5)
- Oil prices plummet below $100 as recession risks gain focus (7/5)
- DNV supports Elia Transmission Belgium on offshore renewable project (7/5)
- Varel Energy Solutions acquires Sledgehammer Oil Tools (7/5)