ANPG opens Congo, Kwanza Blocks in ongoing bid round
Angola’s National Oil, Gas and Biofuel’s Agency (ANPG) has officially opened blocks for licensing in the Onshore Lower Congo Basin and the Onshore Kwanza Basin as part of its 2020 oil and gas licensing round. This latest call to tender is part of the agency's ongoing 2019-2025 hydrocarbons licensing strategy.
The Onshore Lower Congo Basin Blocks include CON1, CON5 and CON6; while the Onshore Kwanza Basin Blocks comprise KON5, KON6, KON8, KON9, KON17, and KON20.
The ongoing bid-round is a manifestation of Angola’s strategy for the continuous attribution of petroleum concessions 2019-2025 which was approved and codified by Presidential Decree no. 52/19, of 18 February 2019.
It aims to expand research and evaluation activities across sedimentary basins, increase geological knowledge of Angola’s hydrocarbon potential and invite a new wave of explorers to yield new discoveries.
For bidding rules and procedures please click here.
Related News ///
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- Global inflation brings ever-cheaper clean energy to an end (1/21)
- U.S. extends financial protection for Venezuela’s Citgo for one year (1/21)
- Energy Transfer agrees to provide gas to Vistra power plants (1/21)
- Morgan Stanley sees Brent crude at $100 by Q3 (1/21)
- Texas natural gas production falls as freezing weather sets in (1/20)