Santos names Weatherford ‘Contractor of the Year’
HOUSTON – Weatherford International has been named Contractor of the Year by Santos, one of the leading independent oil and gas producers in the Asia-Pacific region. Santos’ operations team awarded Weatherford the honor from among the several hundred contractors the company employs across their operations.
The objective was clear for the Weatherford Tubular Running Services team across the four well campaign: Complete the running of all casing and tubing with zero incidents and minimal non-productive time. Adding to the urgency of the challenge was the fact all operations were classified as red zone, meaning high risk with field personnel operating in harm’s way.
Weatherford Vice President, Asia, Eric Young, commented, “We are very happy Santos chose to highlight the work of our Australia tubular running service team by recognizing their ‘Pacesetter’ performance in the efficient completion of the task. Being Santos’ Contractor of the Year is a tremendous achievement.”
Brett Darley, Executive Vice President, Offshore, Santos, commented, “Weatherford provided a solution that enabled Santos to execute a safe, efficient tubular running operation with hands-free technology. Safety is extremely important at Santos and Weatherford delivered an outcome with zero incidents and zero near-misses.”
Related News ///
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- U.S. natural gas sees record spike as February contracts expire (1/27)
- Canada’s oil companies outperform their energy-producing peers (1/27)
- Cash-flush shale operators consider raising oil output along with dividends (1/27)
- Texas upstream oil and gas economy experiences year of recovery in 2021 (1/27)
- Equinor’s Martin Linge field officially goes on stream (1/27)