Special Focus: Offshore Technology
Defining MODU generation designation
This independent presentation suggests a standard for defining various generations of mobile offshore drilling units (MODUs), centering around the “majority” of rigs. The very latest, most capable MODU generation is not needed to drill every well, but their flexibility attracts operators, at an increased price.
Please Log IN view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? For just $149/year, you can claim unlimited access to World Oil's content.*
Each subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to all content on WorldOil.com
- Exclusive drilling forecast data, by state, country and region
- State-by-state results from the survey of U.S. operators
- Updated producing oil and gas well figures, by state
- Exclusive access to World Oil's conference presentations
- Proprietary data tables covering casing, tubing, drill bits and fluids
- Exclusive World Oil maps (published three times per year)
- Daily coverage of industry news and developments\
- Industry whitepapers, webcasts, videos and supplements.