High strength alloys and connection options for extreme HPHT wells
Ultra-HPHT wells are challenging the limits of tubular performance, in terms of metallurgy and threaded connections. But higher pressures and temperatures are only part of the challenge. Carbon steel, hot-rolled chromium-based stainless steel, and cold-hardened materials are all options that must be considered to optimize economics in ultra-HPHT applications.
Log in to view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? Find out more and subscribe today!
Already a subscriber but don’t have an online account? Contact our customer service.
*Access will be granted the next business day.
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- Global inflation brings ever-cheaper clean energy to an end (1/21)
- U.S. extends financial protection for Venezuela’s Citgo for one year (1/21)
- Energy Transfer agrees to provide gas to Vistra power plants (1/21)
- Morgan Stanley sees Brent crude at $100 by Q3 (1/21)
- Texas natural gas production falls as freezing weather sets in (1/20)