Co-development of Spiderman and San Jacinto fields in GOM
A unique partnership has developed from the needs of exploration and production companies and midstream energy companies to facilitate the development of several ultra-deepwater, natural gas discoveries in the eastern GOM, resulting in the Independence Project. Two of the anchor fields for this project are a natural fit for co-development. Five months after Anadarko discovered Spiderman field in November 2003, Eni announced the discovery of San Jacinto field. The proximity of these discoveries to each other along with their distance from the Independence Hub led to a beneficial commercial solution. This paper is an overview of the projects from discovery through development planning to project sanctioning. The Atwater Valley Producers Group: Anadarko Petroleum Corp., Devon Energy Corp., Eni and Hydro Gulf of Mexico along with two midstream companies: Enterprise Products Partners and Helix Energy Solutions Group, have collaborated on a deepwater hub and export pipeline system ...
Please Log IN view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? For just $149/year, you can claim unlimited access to World Oil's content.*
Each subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to all content on WorldOil.com
- Exclusive drilling forecast data, by state, country and region
- State-by-state results from the survey of U.S. operators
- Updated producing oil and gas well figures, by state
- Exclusive access to World Oil's conference presentations
- Proprietary data tables covering casing, tubing, drill bits and fluids
- Exclusive World Oil maps (published three times per year)
- Daily coverage of industry news and developments\
- Industry whitepapers, webcasts, videos and supplements.