Stick-slip has long been recognized as a major source of drilling problems including excessive vibration, excessive bit wear, shortened bit runs, and BHA or drillstring failures that can lead to higher drilling costs. In this presentation, we present a novel workflow for simulating mid-string stick-slip in realistic horizontal wellbore geometries and for testing mitigation methods using multibody dynamics modeling.
Please log in view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? For just $149/year, you can claim unlimited access to World Oil's content.*
Each subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to all content on WorldOil.com
- Exclusive drilling forecast data, by state, country and region
- State-by-state results from the survey of U.S. operators
- Updated producing oil and gas well figures, by state
- Exclusive access to World Oil's conference presentations
- Proprietary data tables covering casing, tubing, drill bits and fluids
- Exclusive World Oil maps (published three times per year)
- Daily coverage of industry news and developments\
- Industry whitepapers, webcasts, videos and supplements.
Start your subscription today!
*Access will be granted the next business day.