Brüel & Kjær Vibro launches new MEMS-based ‘fit and forget’ velocity sensors
Brüel & Kjær Vibro (B&K Vibro), a worldwide independent supplier of condition monitoring solutions for rotating machinery, launched the VSI-101 and VSI-201 with dynamic output, part of its new micro-electro-mechanical system (MEMS) based velocity sensor range.
Extending the already popular and proven range of moving coil technology velocity sensors, these compact, affordable and simple to use units will help industrial users achieve class-leading performance levels. The sensors have the ability to make very low frequency measurements, between 1Hz-5 kHz, and their all-in-one design includes a perfectly fabricated sensor and programmable control circuitry in one unit.
The VSI-101 and VSI-201 MEMS velocity sensors are ‘fit and forget’ type sensors that consume minimal power and provide many years of consistent performance. Their compact design makes for easy integration into electronic circuits, and they are unique in offering lower cut-off frequencies. The sensors’ low sensitivity to magnetic fields ensures critical assets such as hydro turbines and electric motors are flawlessly monitored and vibration levels up to 50g are simple to measure.
Florian Endres, Senior Commercial Platform Leader for Sensors at B&K Vibro, said, “Advances in semiconductor processing technology have led to the creation of highly advanced MEMS-based sensors. Our new MEMS velocity sensors are low-cost, low energy, smart, rugged, IP68 sensors that surpass performance specifications of both moving coil and piezo stack-based technologies. The sensors’ performance under extreme conditions has been proven in real, demanding assets in the field, not simply based on theoretical specifications. The launch for the sensors portion of the MEMS product family will be followed by transmitters and ATEX versions later this year.”
Related News ///
- Oil States Industries introduces combined managed pressure drilling and riser system (5/9)
- TitanLiner exclusively manufactures, distributes RoboLiner® polyurea sprayed Rroles for use as secondary containment (5/9)
- Trelleborg strengthens its navigation and piloting offering with SafePilot CAT PRO launch (5/9)
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- Venezuela investors meet in Davos as U.S. weighs sanctions (5/20)
- Energy crunch causing ESG to fall out of favor, warns ex-BP CEO (5/20)
- Schroeder quits Rosneft job after pressure over Putin ties (5/20)
- ‘Hell no’: Finance firms tell Texas they don’t boycott energy (5/20)
- Woodside wins backing to buy BHP oil, gas amid climate backlash (5/19)