API tells President Biden to prioritize unlocking U.S. energy resources
The American Petroleum Institute (API) released the following statement from API President and CEO Mike Sommers in response to a letter President Biden sent to oil refineries today.
“While we appreciate the opportunity to open increased dialogue with the White House, the administration’s misguided policy agenda shifting away from domestic oil and natural gas has compounded inflationary pressures and added headwinds to companies’ daily efforts to meet growing energy needs while reducing emissions.
“I reinforced in a letter to President Biden and his Cabinet yesterday ten meaningful policy actions to ultimately alleviate pain at the pump and strengthen national security, including approving critical energy infrastructure, increasing access to capital, holding energy lease sales, among other urgent priorities.
“Ahead of his travel to the Middle East next month, we urge the President to prioritize unlocking U.S. energy resources - that are the envy of the world - instead of increasing reliance on foreign sources.”
Related News ///
FROM THE ARCHIVE ///
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- Set of reports should reveal UK’s full renewable potential (7/5)
- Deadline approaching for 2022 World Oil Awards nominations (7/5)
- Oil prices plummet below $100 as recession risks gain focus (7/5)
- DNV supports Elia Transmission Belgium on offshore renewable project (7/5)
- Varel Energy Solutions acquires Sledgehammer Oil Tools (7/5)