Saudi experience with intelligent completions yields insights
Inflow-control valves (ICVs), also called smart or intelligent completions, are multi-position active downhole valves that can be controlled from the surface. This technology was developed to optimize production by providing zonal isolation and flow control of commingled production from different laterals or segments. By varying the positions of these valves, production can be managed in real time to improve well and reservoir performance.
Log in to view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? Find out more and subscribe today!
Already a subscriber but don’t have an online account? Contact our customer service.
*Access will be granted the next business day.
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- Venezuela investors meet in Davos as U.S. weighs sanctions (5/20)
- Energy crunch causing ESG to fall out of favor, warns ex-BP CEO (5/20)
- Schroeder quits Rosneft job after pressure over Putin ties (5/20)
- ‘Hell no’: Finance firms tell Texas they don’t boycott energy (5/20)
- Woodside wins backing to buy BHP oil, gas amid climate backlash (5/19)