World of Oil and Gas
Statoil has offered Seadrill a new five-year, $712 million contract for the use of the West Venture rig on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. Under the terms of the new contract, the rig will be used by Statoil until August 2015. Statoil has the option up until January 2011 to extend the contract by an additional one or two years at the same rig price. The West Venture is a fifth-generation semisubmersible rig. It has been in operation for Statoil on Troll Field in the North Sea since it was built in 2000.
Log in to view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? Find out more and subscribe today!
Already a subscriber but don’t have an online account? Contact our customer service.
*Access will be granted the next business day.
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- Invictus Energy director highlights African energy market operations, Zimbabwe exploration (5/25)
- ‘Green Nobel’ winner warns oil majors may abandon Nigeria on pollution cleanup (5/25)
- Texas LNG appoints Technip Energies-Samsung Engineering joint venture as lead project contractor (5/25)
- Petrodel Resources reviving natural gas operations in Tanzania (5/25)
- Permian oil producers about to slow despite $100 crude (5/25)