Asia. Hoang Long Joint Operating Co. made a gas discovery offshore Vietnam in the Cuu Long basin with its TGD-1X (Te Giac Den) exploration well. The well was drilled on Block 16-1 and found pay in two Oligocene sandstone intervals on a structure that covers 11.6 sq mi. Apache Corp.’s Julimar East-1 exploratory/appraisal well in Australia’s Carnarvon basin tested two reservoir intervals at a combined rate of 85 MMcfd of gas. The well logged 224 ft of net gas pay in six sandstone reservoirs of the Triassic Mungaroo formation. This represents a 70% increase in net pay from the company’s April 2007 Julimar-1 discovery well. Recoverable reserves for the Julimar complex could exceed 1 Tcf of gas. Reliance Industries made an oil and gas discovery in the deepwater sector of the Cauvery basin off India’s southeast coast ...
Please Log IN view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? For just $149/year, you can claim unlimited access to World Oil's content.*
Each subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to all content on WorldOil.com
- Exclusive drilling forecast data, by state, country and region
- State-by-state results from the survey of U.S. operators
- Updated producing oil and gas well figures, by state
- Exclusive access to World Oil's conference presentations
- Proprietary data tables covering casing, tubing, drill bits and fluids
- Exclusive World Oil maps (published three times per year)
- Daily coverage of industry news and developments\
- Industry whitepapers, webcasts, videos and supplements.