Rig building continues while fleet utilization declines
Healthy industry conditions over the past few years have prompted additional owners and rigs to enter the drilling market. The rapid expansion of the rig fleet, especially due to newbuilds, continues to be noteworthy. This year however, as fleet capacity accelerates, utilization has fallen in many areas due to market softening and fleet expansion, according to the 54th annual ReedHycalog Rig Census. ReedHycalog continues to work closely with RigData, Nickle’s Rig Locator and ODS-Petrodata to summarize the US, Canadian and global offshore mobile rig fleets. The international land rig fleet has also been examined for the third consecutive year, as we compile an overall picture of the dynamic global rig market.
Please Log IN view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? For just $149/year, you can claim unlimited access to World Oil's content.*
Each subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to all content on WorldOil.com
- Exclusive drilling forecast data, by state, country and region
- State-by-state results from the survey of U.S. operators
- Updated producing oil and gas well figures, by state
- Exclusive access to World Oil's conference presentations
- Proprietary data tables covering casing, tubing, drill bits and fluids
- Exclusive World Oil maps (published three times per year)
- Daily coverage of industry news and developments\
- Industry whitepapers, webcasts, videos and supplements.