Floatover installation succeeds for Nan Bao 35-2 topsides
A challenging, float-over installation of a large topsides at CNOOC’s Nan Bao oil field in Bohai Bay has proven the method further and paved the way for additional projects Nan Bao oil field is in Block 35-2, in the middle of Bohai Bay by northern China. The site is about 100 nautical miles northeast of Tanggu. The NB35-2 oil field consists of one central production platform (CEP) with 40 slots in the North Area and one wellhead platform (WHPB) with 40 slots in the South Area. In the latter area, the water depth in which the CEP stands is 13.2 m (43.3 ft), referenced to chart data. The offshore installations also include a 4.57-km (2.84-mi), multiphase, subsea transport pipeline, installed between the CEP and WHPB platforms to transfer produced fluid from WHPB to CEP. Crude oil from CEP is then transferred to an FPSO vessel (FPSO Century) stationed in the QHD 32-6 oil field via a subsea pipeline.
Log in to view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? Find out more and subscribe today!
Already a subscriber but don’t have an online account? Contact our customer service.
*Access will be granted the next business day.
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- Invictus Energy director highlights African energy market operations, Zimbabwe exploration (5/25)
- ‘Green Nobel’ winner warns oil majors may abandon Nigeria on pollution cleanup (5/25)
- Texas LNG appoints Technip Energies-Samsung Engineering joint venture as lead project contractor (5/25)
- Petrodel Resources reviving natural gas operations in Tanzania (5/25)
- Permian oil producers about to slow despite $100 crude (5/25)